Monday, November 5, 2012

The Doctor in the TARDIS with Rose Tyler



I am subjecting my younger sister, Guinness to the new series of Doctor Who. It is positively the most entertaining thing in my life right now.
We had a Who-nathon this weekend after I got off work earlier than expected and felt like making cupcakes and watching Doctor Who, which was about as perfect as it sounds. So, we sat down and finished season two.
You can actually pinpoint the moment when dear Guinness went from simply liking the show to when she transformed into a true Whovian. I’d say it was right around ‘The Empty Child’. Freakin’ Moffat.
Anyway, she did not take Billie Piper leaving well. Like, this was War Horse level hysterics.
Her face was all red and puffy and there were tears everywhere and she was wailing and murmuring ‘Rose’ over and over again, and I’m not even sure she remembers that twenty minutes of blurry grief. It was awesome.
I did finally get her to calm down, but I had to find a kitten for her to cuddle and get her to eat a cupcake. She still sniffled every few minutes for pretty much the rest of the weekend.

Let me just say, in case you’ve gotten any other impression, Guinness is a twenty-two year old thoroughly modern, hipster genius college student. She’s rough and tough and once punched Cthulhu. This was a very rare and special moment to see her regress to being a six-year-old. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but now she’s back to being all adult-ish and cynical. 

P.S. Happy Guy Fawks day!

No comments: